The Robert W. Woodruff Foundation's principal giving interests are focused on the following program areas:
Grant proposals may be submitted at any time during the year. Proposals received by February 1 are considered at an April meeting of the board of trustees. Proposals received by September 1 are considered at a November meeting.
- Elementary, secondary, and higher education
- Health care and education
- Human services, particularly for children and youth
- Economic development and civic affairs
- Art and cultural activities
- Conservation of natural resources and environmental education