2015 Access to Care Grants
|Source:||Healthy Smiles, Healthy Children (HSHC)|
|Program:||2015 Access to Care Grants|
Must be a United States /U.S. Territory applicant/organization providing care to children in the U.S. or a U.S. Territory.Â
Priority is given to projects with pediatric dentist involvement. If a pediatric dentist is not participating, a general dentist must be involved for funding consideration.Â
Qualified applicants/organizations include, but are not limited to:Â
1. Nonprofit organizations, Includes but not limited to 501(c)(3) and 501 (c)(6)Â
2. Local health jurisdictionsÂ
3. County health departmentsÂ
4. Hospitals and clinicsÂ
5. State government agenciesÂ
6. Colleges/schools of dentistryÂ
7. Colleges/schools of medicine (pediatric and family medicine departments only)Â
8. National, state and local dental societiesÂ
9. National, state and local pediatriciansâ€™ groupsÂ
10. State and local gynecological/obstetric groups
HSHC Access to Care Grants are one-year matching grants of up to $20,000, supporting community-based initiatives in the U.S. that provide dental care and ultimately serve as a dental home to underserved/limited access children. Special consideration will be given to programs supporting the age-one dental visit and providing care to special needs patients.
HSHC funds may be applied to cover costs of dental care, clinic supplies and instruments, patient/parent/caregiver education materials, take-home supplies (toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.), salary, education and/or outreach to recruit dentist participation in program activities or other activity with clear, direct impact on child oral care and a direct link to the dental home.
|Period:||Grants must be expended within 12 months of the award|
|For more information, contact Tracey Schilligo, grant and corporate
relations manager at (312) 337-2169 or via e-mail atÂ email@example.com.