Laura Bush Foundation Grants
|Source:||Laura Bush Foundation|
|Program:||Laura Bush Foundation Grants|
|Eligibility:||YOUR SCHOOL IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY IF IT MEETS THE FOLLOWING FIVE CRITERIA
1. Your school has been in operation for a minimum of one year prior to your application so that you are able to provide accurate information about the percentage of students in your school eligible for the free or reduced lunch program (FRL).
2. Your school has a student body where 80% or more of your students qualify for free or reduced lunches.
3. Your school has a school library that meets the definition immediately below: A library is a uniquely designated space in which books and other materials are systematically classified and arranged by subject and type. They are stored in a place and manner that allows access to all students and adults in the school.
Please note that the definition does not include classrooms or classroom sets of books, collections of books stored in a room that are not organized and classified in a systematic way, or collections of books on rolling carts of any description.
4. The day-to-day oversight and operation of your school library is carried out by a paid contracted staff member who fits the definition immediately below:The person is designated by the school administration as responsible for the collection, care, and use of the materials housed in the dedicated space of the library.
5. Your school has not previously received a grant from the Laura Bush Foundation for America’s Libraries. Schools that have previously received a grant from the Laura Bush Foundation for America’s Libraries are ineligible to apply.
The Foundation Seeks To Provide Books And Reading Materials To School Libraries And Students That Most Need Them.
The Foundation Provides Grants Of Up To $5,000 To Help School Libraries Expand, Update, And Diversify Their Book Collections. In 2013, The Foundation Received Over Five Hundred Applications And Awarded More Than Two Hundred Grants.
All LBF Grants Are Made To Individual Schools Rather Than School Districts, County Systems, Private Organizations, Foundations, Or Other Entities.
|Quantity:||200 - 250|
|For general questions regarding the Foundation, please contact us at email@example.com|