Service Grants (Select GEO Areas)
- Type: Foundations
- Source: Taproot Foundation
- Visit Website
- Award Min: $0.00
- Award Max: $45,000.00
- Quantity: Unknown
- Deadline: Sep 01, 2014
BASIC ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for a Service Grant, an organization must:
- Be headquartered in one of our service areas:
- CHICAGO — Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry or Will counties
- LOS ANGELES — Downtown Los Angeles, Pasadena, West Hollywood, West Los Angeles, South LA, Commerce/South Gate, East LA, San Fernando Valley, and Santa Monica/Venice Beach. We have now expanded into Orange County! (check back in each grant round for expanded geographic coverage)
- NEW YORK CITY — Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Staten Island or Brooklyn
- SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA — San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa or Marin counties
- WASHINGTON, D.C. AREA — District of Columbia; Montgomery and Prince George's counties in Maryland; and Arlington and Fairfax counties and the City of Alexandria in Virginia
- Be classified as a 501(c)(3), be under the fiscal sponsorship of a 501(c)(3), be a program of a 501(c)(3) -or- be a public school.
- Have at least three full time employees and a budget over $350,000. (Most organizations must be at least this large to take advantage of a team of five professionals.) Three of our Leadership Development & Strategic HR grants are best for larger organizations (see the grant catalog for more information).
- Work within one of our issue areas:
- ARTS — Providing leadership or education in the art community, while making the arts more accessible to everyone.
- EDUCATION — Strengthening our public education (pre-K and K-12) system or enhancing the educational success of students.
- ENVIRONMENT — Preserving and restoring our environment or caring for animal welfare.
- HEALTH — Improving people's physical or emotional health.
- SOCIAL SERVICES — Providing social services to those who have been unable to participate fully in the social and economic life of the community. Services usually target children and families, employment and training, the elderly, immigrants, the disabled, housing and homelessness or foster and adoption services.
The Taproot Foundation makes grants of professional consulting services, called Service Grants, through our Service Grant Program. Every Service Grant is delivered pro bono by a team of 5-6 business professionals who volunteer their time and expertise to help a nonprofit in their community.
Our projects provide high potential nonprofits in the Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C. metro areas with the tools and services you need to strengthen your organizations and serve your communities. We guarantee that our teams deliver excellent services, customized to meet your specific objectives and help you advance your mission.
CONTACT YOUR LOCAL OFFICE
Our offices are typically open Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm.
We are closed on the following days:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Matt O'Grady Day: June 19
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Election Day
- Thanksgiving Break (Thu and Fri)
- Winter Break: Dec 24 - Jan 1
Tech Problems & Website Feedback