CSP Grants for National Leadership Activities
- Type: Federal
- Source: U.S Dept. of Education
- Visit Website
- Award Min: $500,000.00
- Award Max: $800,000.00
- Quantity: Between 5 and 8
- Deadline: Sep 12, 2014
Eligible applicants include (1) State educational agencies (SEAs) in States with a State statute specifically authorizing the establishment of charter schools; (2) authorized public
chartering agencies; (3) public and private nonprofit organizations with a mission that explicitly includes operating, supporting, or managing charter schools; and (4) public and private nonprofit organizations in partnership with an SEA, authorized public chartering agency, or a public or private nonprofit organization with a mission that explicitly includes supporting charter schools. Eligible applicants may apply as a partnership or consortium and, if so applying, must comply with the requirements for group applications set forth in 34 CFR 75.127-75.129.
The purpose of the CSP is to increase national understanding of the charter school model by--
(1) Providing financial assistance for the planning, program design, and initial implementation of charter schools;
(2) Evaluating the effects of charter schools, including the effects on students, student academic achievement, staff, and parents;
(3) Expanding the number of high-quality charter schools available to students across the Nation; and
(4) Encouraging the States to provide support to charter schools for facilities financing in an amount that is more commensurate with the amount the States have typically provided for non-chartered public schools.
The purpose of the CSP Grants for National Leadership Activities competition is to support efforts by eligible entities to improve the quality of charter schools by providing technical assistance and other types of support on issues of national significance and scope.
Brian Martin, U.S. Department of Education, 400 Maryland Avenue SW., Room 4W224, Washington, DC 20202-5970. Telephone: (202) 205-9085 or by email: email@example.com.