Innovative Approaches to Literacy Program
- Type: Federal
- Source: U.S Dept. of Education
- Visit Website
- Award Min: $150,000.00
- Award Max: $14,000,000.00
- Quantity: Between 1 and 4
- Deadline: Jul 17, 2014
To be considered for an award under this competition, an applicant must:
(a) Be one of the following:
(1) A high-need LEA (as defined in this notice);
(2) An NNP (as defined in this notice) that serves children and students within the attendance boundaries of one or more high-need LEAs;
(3) A consortium of NNPs that serves children and students within the attendance boundaries of one or more high-need LEAs;
(4) A consortium of high-need LEAs; or
(5) A consortium of one or more high-need LEAs and one or more NNPs that serve children and students within the attendance boundaries of one or more high-need LEAs.
(b) Coordinate with school libraries in developing project proposals.
The IAL program supports high-quality programs designed to develop and improve literacy skills for children and students from birth through 12th grade in high-need local educational
agencies (high-need LEAs, as defined in this notice)and schools. The U.S. Department of Education (Department) intends to
support innovative programs that promote early literacy for young children, motivate older children to read, and increase student achievement by using school libraries as partners to improve literacy, distributing free books to children and their families, and offering high-quality literacy activities.
Melvin Graham, U.S. Department of Education, 400 Maryland Avenue SW., Room 3E334, Washington, DC 20202-6200. Telephone: (202) 260-8268 or by email: email@example.com.