Mr. Holland's Opus Foundation Grants
- Type: Foundations
- Category: Not Stated
- Source: Mr. Holland's Opus Foundation
- Award Min: Not Stated
- Award Max: Not Stated
- Quantity: Not Stated
- Deadline: Aug 01, 2014
- Funding Available: Not Stated
- Visit Website
- Public, private and charter schools may apply,
however, schools must serve a population of at least
65% that participate in the National Lunch Program. Private schools
that do not participate in the National Lunch Program must serve a
minimum of 65% of students that attend at no cost due to low income
- Schools must have an established instrumental music program
(i.e. concert band, marching band, jazz band and/or orchestra) that
has beenoffered during the regular school day for a minimum
of three consecutive years. If your school offers
Orff/classroom music only, it is NOT eligible to apply.
- Schools must have an instrumental music teacher who has been
with the school for a minimum of two consecutive years.
- Schools must have an existing inventory of instruments.
- Schools must apply separately (please provide
information for the applying school only, do not include
information for other schools within the district even if the music
teacher teaches at more than one school).
- Teachers that teach at more than one school within the school
district can only apply for one school per grant cycle.
- Full or partial requests may be awarded consisting of new
and/or refurbished instruments.
- Previously awarded schools must wait five years before
applications each year. Although we would like to help all who
apply, our resources are limited and the process is very
competitive. Music programs serving low-income communities,
programs with little or no budget for musical instruments and music
programs that serve the most students out of the school population
are considered before all others. We encourage you to seek funding
from several sources in your community.
Applications are made available by invitation only. If your
school music program meets the criteria below, you
the Pre-Qualification formto be considered to submit a full
application. Because of the large number of schools requesting
assistance, your school may be placed on a wait list for several
months before review and notification.
Click here to access the Pre-Qualification form. This form
will be available through August 1, 2014 at which time the grant
cycle will close. Please direct any questions regarding the
application process to "/"mailto:email@example.com/"">firstname.lastname@example.org.
4370 Tujunga Avenue, Suite 330
Studio City, CA 91604